Flourless Chocolate Cake

Flourless Chocolate Cake w. Chocolate-Coconut Ice Cream

This is my Daring Bakers challenge for the month of February. I forgot to tell the lovely people of DB’s that I moved my site so I had to post over at B36 Kitchen. So I hope this is the only time I tell you to head over there and check it out.

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE’s blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.
We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.

9 Comments on Flourless Chocolate Cake

1. Vegan_Noodle
    March 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM (9 years ago)

Oh my goodness I love your new site!! Must update my bookmarks now…

2. marika @ madcap
    March 1, 2009 at 11:55 AM (9 years ago)

That photo is mouth-watering delicious looking!! Love the new site :)

3. veggievixen
    March 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM (9 years ago)

looks awesome.

why is it that vegan flourless chocolate cake recipes online still contain flour? i recently became interested in vegan baking and this is the one thing i cannot think of how to veganize…maybe your tofu-chocolate-egg replacer mixture would work well. do you have a recipe yet?

4. JENNA
    March 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM (9 years ago)

veggievixen…..a recipe will be posted soon for this. I want to go through the whole process a 3rd time to see if there are any changes if I bake it a little big longer or at a slightly higher temp.

5. Suzanne
    March 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM (9 years ago)

Wow…great work!! I love that you veganized it all on your own. Not me. I let someone else do the heavy lifting.

6. Diann
    March 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM (9 years ago)

Love your new setup! It was quite a challenge not to end up with goo. It looks chocolate-y great!

7. Mihl
    March 5, 2009 at 9:24 AM (9 years ago)

Your cake looks so good! I’ve never had a flourless cake, but now it’s definitely on my list.

March 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM (9 years ago)

What a beautiful flourless cake! I’m craving one right now!