Veggie Heaven, Montclair New Jersey

Roast “Pork” Lo Mein from Veggie Heaven

You know what sucks? Moving. You know what doesn’t suck? Lunch at Veggie Heaven in Montclair NJ. Its one of our favorite places to go. Why? One..because it’s really the only all veg place we got. Two..Reno loves their “Chicken” Nuggets. Three…the staff loves our child and it’s cool if she runs around like the mad women that she is.

I get obsessed with certain dishes there and will only order that for months and months then switch to something else. Their Roast “Pork” Lo Mein is something I always switch back to here and there on a regular basis. I love the noodles, I love the “pork” and I love the big chunks of scallions. I could do without the cabbage but I put up with it anyway.

“Chicken” Nuggets

The one thing I can count on her always eating at a restaurant are these damn “chicken” nuggets. They are fabulous! They come with a nice spicy-ish sauce that we keep away from her. She dipped once into it and it wasn’t a fun time. Its hard for Peter and I not to steal to many of these from her.

Spring Rolls

Better then the frozen ones I keep in my freezer.

Scallion Pancakes

Our one true love. I don’t think there has ever been a time where we haven’t ordered these. We use to order 1 for each of us. Now we split one and order the above spring rolls or something smaller (usually).

13 Comments on Veggie Heaven, Montclair New Jersey

1. VeggieGirl
    April 13, 2009 at 10:26 AM (12 years ago)

Ahh hang in there – moving is definitely a pain.

Reno is a doll!!

2. VeggieGirl
    April 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM (12 years ago)

P.S. – have you been watching ANTM???

3. cheryl
    April 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM (12 years ago)

I love the scallion pancakes as well. I always order the sesame chicken, balls though, not flat, no mushrooms, extra sesame seeds. delish!

4. jessy
    April 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM (12 years ago)

moving does = the suck! but i’m glad you have Veggie Heaven to make it bearable! those scallion pancakes look gloriously good and so do those spring rolls! mmmmmmmm! Reno is just too adorable! hooray for Veggie Heaven be’n so cool with the wee ones, too! superw00t!

p.s. – i too get obsessed with certain dishes & order the same thing for a looooong time before switching to something new. i like to stick with what i love the most until i tire of it. why change such a tasy good thing, right?!?

5. JENNA
    April 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM (12 years ago)

veggiegirl! I havn’t been watching ANTM at all. Simply because of moving and not having tv for a few weeks. I need to catch up.

cheryl…always balls!

jessy…i never want to change such a tasty good thing! but always wonder if something will be even better. but then there is a chance that it will suck! the horrors of switching to a new meal at a favorite restaurant!

6. veggievixen
    April 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM (12 years ago)

awesome eats! that is the cutest little girl EVER.

7. CHI
    April 15, 2009 at 9:30 AM (12 years ago)

I ate there last night..guess what i had?!?!

chicken nuggets and roast pork lo mein.

so good. i was too full to get the green tea cake..should have ordered it “to go”…next time!

8. JENNA
    April 15, 2009 at 9:40 AM (12 years ago)

I wish I liked the green tea cake. I always go with the chocolate.

9. liz
    April 16, 2009 at 1:54 AM (12 years ago)

yum!! what a yummy looking place, those chicken nuggets look awesome (wish I’d had those as a kid!)

10. melody polakow
    April 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM (12 years ago)

Looks great.. and Reno is adorable!

11. Hangry Pants
    March 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM (11 years ago)

Yesss! The scallion pancakes and sweet potato fries are THE BEST!