School Lunch Roundup

Untitled

Monday or Tuesday (i forget which day I forgot to take a picture)

Tofurky Roast Beef Slices, Tings, Oranges, Carrots, Chocolate Chips. She ate most of this lunch. Only left a few oranges and carrots and ate some of them after she came home from school.

Untitled

Wednesday

Pasta with broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes and broth, Barbara’s Oatmeal Snackimals, Strawberries, Grape Fruit Twist, Chocolate Chips. She didn’t eat all of the veg in the pasta but she did eat some it.

Untitled

Thursday

Cut up BBQ Pinto Bean Burger with Ketchup to dip, 365 Sandwich Cremes, Sauteed Broccoli and Carrots, Strawberries, Bunny Grahams. She claims to have only eaten 3 pieces of broccoli. I don’t think she ate any of the veg. :) Not pictured: Cut up orange.

Untitled

Friday

Veggie Loaded Rice and Beans, Organic Crackers, Barbara’s Oatmeal Snackimals, Grapes, Chocolate Chips. She’s still in school but I expect all of this to be eaten. Re said this morning that this was exactly what she wanted for lunch today.

She takes a thermos of water with her everyday. One day I gave her a water and an Honest Kids apple juice pouch and she didn’t drink it. I think I’ll only send water with her to school since she prefers it.

7 Comments on School Lunch Roundup

1. Zoe
    September 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM (8 years ago)

Jenn, thank you for sharing all these lunch ideas. I’m sure many vegan/vegetarian parents would find them useful.

Btw, where did you get that beautiful lunch box?

• JENNA
      September 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM (8 years ago)

Zoe..thank you for your comment. The lunchbox is by a company called Planet Box. I can’t imagine ever buying a different lunchbox for Reno. She loves it and so do I.

2. Zoe
    September 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM (8 years ago)

I just found it on Amazon. Thank you for the recommendation! :-)

• JENNA
      September 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM (8 years ago)

Your welcome! I really hope you like it.

3. Rachel
    September 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM (8 years ago)

Its such a cute lunch box! And all her meals look so yummy – especially that Rice and Beans! Nice work Mama!

4. Sarah (appifanie)
    September 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM (8 years ago)

Ugh you’re amazing! My lunches for the kiddo so far this year are LAME. I have got to work on it.

• JENNA
      September 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM (8 years ago)

Blogging about her lunches is really helping me keep them interested and coming up with new ideas. I’m trying this week not to repeat any of the lunches she’s had already. (just the main part like rice and beans..etc..)