Pumpkin Pudding {recipe}

Pumpkin Pudding

VeganMoFo Day 5! I missed Day 4. I was busy attending a talk at Whole Foods with Rip Esselstyn from The Engine 2 Diet!

I once worked, for a short while, at a very well known vegan restaurant in NYC. The job was short lived which turned out to be the best thing for me since I got a better job afterwards. What I missed most about that job though was the Pumpkin Pudding they made. Oh my goodness was it good! I wasn’t privy to their dessert recipes while I was working in the kitchen so I have no idea how they made it. I’m pretty sure it involved blending up pumpkin with tofu.

I’ve been wanting to make my own tofu-less Pumpkin Pudding for years now. VeganMoFo has giving me that opportunity. Since I’m only posting about various pumpkins and recipes this month I’m forced to come up with new stuff and have finally gotten around to making up this recipe.  It is very easy to make. You just blend everything up in a blender and then whisk it over low heat on the stove until it’s thickened. It probably takes less then 15 minutes. Everyone who taste tested it for me loved it and wanted more.

Pumpkin Pudding

1 13.66 oz can pumpkin puree (not the pie spiced kind!)
1 15 oz can coconut milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt

Optional: chop a few tablespoons of walnuts or pecans to top the pudding when serving.

Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend to combine. Pour into a medium sized sauce pot and heat over medium high heat. Whisk constantly until thickened. Mine thickened around 5-7 minutes. It will all depend on the heat level. Transfer to a bowl and let cool a few minutes before placing in the fridge to completely cool. When ready to serve give it a good whisking. Ladle into bowls or round drinking glasses.  Top with chopped nuts if using.

23 Comments on Pumpkin Pudding {recipe}

1. Ashley H
    October 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM (4 years ago)

This recipe sounds really easy and delicious.

2. Becky
    October 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM (4 years ago)

Thanks for sharing! I love pudding :)

3. Sarah C
    October 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM (4 years ago)

This looks great – I’m thinking it would be fun served with a graham cracker crumble underneath, like a deconstructed pumpkin pie!

• JENNA
      October 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM (4 years ago)

That would be a perfect way to serve this pudding!

October 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM (4 years ago)

Coconut milk makes everything magical!

5. Lorien Mahay
    October 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM (4 years ago)

This looks INCREDIBLE! I can’t wait to try it!

6. Maggie Muggins
    October 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM (4 years ago)

This sounds so good! I love pumpkin and I’m pretty sure I’ve never had pumpkin pudding before.

7. Claryn
    October 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM (4 years ago)

Yes! This looks amazing and I will definitely be making it once I get my hands on more pumpkins. I’ve eaten a lot of so-called pumpkin pudding that’s basically just pumpkin, sweetener, and spices (not that that’s anything to scoff at!), but I bet yours is really creamy. Yum.

8. laura
    October 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM (4 years ago)

Thank you for this! It was SO perfectly delicious. I’ve been looking for a pumpkin pudding recipe that doesn’t have tofu. (FYI: I subbed agave/honey for the last 1/4 c of the maple syrup, and i subbed half of the coconut milk with almond milk.)

9. Marlee
    April 25, 2016 at 6:07 PM (11 months ago)

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about ba-cb-niye work!

10. http://www.blrimages.net/
    April 28, 2016 at 9:17 PM (11 months ago)

, I dated the only black guy in town. And my dad was none to happy about it… But, when I finally joined the Air Force and was stationed in Montana, I dated most of the only black guys in that state (and there were a few in Great Falls, mostly all military types tho). I like to celebrate diversity in my own way I guess.

11. http://www.rab-jeric.com/
    April 30, 2016 at 8:57 PM (11 months ago)

Dansk "hygge" är ju välkänt och visst finns den, så länge man slipper jobba ihop med dem. Tivloi är i år vackrare än någonsin/ Anna

12. car insurance quotes
    May 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM (10 months ago)

If borrowers choose to move forward with mortgage refinancing, the next paycheck is deposited, the banking firm will take out a home mortgage payment. The borrower may receive a 100 loan on par with the apathetic culture in college. You should be noted that this term is not followed as far as low interest rate.

13. http://www./
    October 23, 2016 at 2:09 AM (5 months ago)

I enjoy examining on this web site, it has got excellent web sites. He whom sees the reality, let him or her proclaim this, without asking that is for this or that’s against it. by Henry George.

14. http://www./
    November 14, 2016 at 3:15 PM (4 months ago)

That kind of thinking shows you’re on top of your game

15. http://www./
    December 14, 2016 at 11:44 PM (3 months ago)

Jättefint! Jag brukar köra klassikern, en burk med ingredienser till en kaka och så receptet hängande på en lapp på utsidan. Funkar för det mesta bra!Kramar

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Pumpkin Pudding {recipe}

1. […] in my books for pumpkin but I really wanted something sweet. For my second recipe I opted for Pumpkin Pudding. Pretty much pumpkin pie in a bowl, or in my case, drinking glasses. And it was fantastic […]