Dinosaur Birthday Cake

Dinosaur Birthday CakeSomehow my youngest just turned 3 years old the the other day.  Everything about his birthday had to involve dinosaurs. From the decorations, the presents, his clothes and even his cake. He is ridiculously and adorably obsessed. He really wanted his party to take place at the local Dinosaur Park, yes there really is one, but we will do that trip on a later date. His party took place on our deck for about 10 minutes and then due to torrential rain we moved it into our basement.

He went back and forth on what type of cake he wanted. First it was just vanilla. Then chocolate. Then both and at last a dinosaur cake. I went with “both and dinosaur cake. I made a basic 2 layer chocolate cake using a recipe from the cookbook: Have Your Cake and Vegan Too by Kris Holechek from the nomnomnom blog. The frosting I threw together myself. Just the usual Earth Balance, powdered sugar, vanilla..etc..frosting. After frosting the cake I plopped on his favorite dinosaur and made a quick banner to make it a touch more festive.

vegan chocolate cakeThe cake itself was amazing. So moist and incredibly delicious. I took a risk by making a recipe I never made before and it paid off. A week later some non vegan guests were still raving about this cake! This is my new go to chocolate cake recipe and it should be yours as well.

Most importantly the birthday boy was so happy with it. There was a dinosaur on it! So thrilling to a 3 year old!  My birthday is coming up next and I will be making my own cake. This one! Maybe with a dinosaur on it.

9 Comments on Dinosaur Birthday Cake

1. Jojo
    June 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM (8 years ago)

Such a perfect looking cake, I also love the chocolate vanilla combo and dinosaurs!

• Jenna
      June 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM (8 years ago)

Its my favorite combo! you get the best of both worlds. :)

2. Marty
    April 25, 2016 at 4:56 PM (6 years ago)

Just do me a favor and keep writing such trhnaecnt analyses, OK?

3. http://www.sgtotalmassage.com/
    May 12, 2016 at 8:54 PM (6 years ago)

shawnzhangmusic,>> “for me it ended up that i mouse/key most stuffs but use the faders a lot”I think if one really wants to be able to fully grasp something like an ICON he would need to more or less get rid of the keyboard and mouse and force himself to learn it inside and out. But the learning curve sure would be frustrating!Roll,I can definitely see how snapshots are addictive. It’s dangerous to try new workflows, you might end up liking them!

4. car insurance quotes
    May 20, 2016 at 10:08 AM (6 years ago)

I grew up on a family farm and we all drank fresh raw milk everyday. My whole family is still alive except my grandparents who died in their late 90s.

5. school of dragons coins hack
    February 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM (5 years ago)

Qur’an 8:59 “The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them. They are your enemy and Allah’s enemy.”Qur’an 4:101 “The unbelievers (non-Muslims) are your inveterate foeQur’an 47:4 “Strike off the heads of the disbelievers”; and after making a “wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives.” just a few examples of hate in the quran. sick.

6. http://www./
    February 28, 2017 at 9:44 PM (5 years ago)

In cazul jafului de la banca transilvania din Cluj sunt tinuti cei 2 suspecti in arest din februarie 2009 ( 2 ani si 3 luni ). Se pare ca politia a cam gresit cand i-a arestat si acum nu vrea sa recunoasca greseala si sa-i elibereze. Liviu Alexa a scris o parere avizata:

7. deluxe coupons
    March 30, 2017 at 2:00 PM (5 years ago)

wow – thank you for all the comments. Now I want as many comments on all my posts ;)It’s not possible to preorder or anything, there is nothing else to do than wait and keeping fingers crossed.