VeganMoFo: Postcard Swap

IMG_0182

One of my favorite bloggers, Cadry of Cadry’s Kitchen came up with a great idea for this years VeganMoFo…a postcard swap! Any one could join and all you had to do was send a postcard or letter to someone else. I remember the joy of getting a card, letter or invitation in the mail when I was younger and it’s definitely something that doesn’t happen much anymore. Most invitations are through pages like evite or even facebook. Want to write someone a letter..email is instant.  Computers and the internet have made everything so convenient.

The opportunity to sit and write a letter to someone else, who I didn’t know, was really nice. Telling someone about yourself isn’t alway’s easy but it was fun. I shared a recipe for my Lemon Mustard Tofu, since the card was tofu themed. :) I love writing on paper with my favorite pens. I want to do more of it…beside recipe writing which for me is all done with pen/cil and paper. Writing about how much I liked it over on twitter has gained me a pen pal. I can’t to start writing to her.

This opportunity also gave me a chance to start using my art skills again. My whole life was about drawing and painting when I was a young kid to my early 20’s. I miss it. My creativity for art was transformed into a creativity for food!  Since I didn’t have a postcard to send and wanted to send something with a vegan message on it I decided to make my own. I drew that sweet little tofu saying “hello!” up above. This mini project has also made me hope to be more creative in the near future with more then just food.

The day I received my mail from the swapper who got me was very exciting! I want more letters from strangers! Especially ones who share their favorite recipes. The person who wrote to me shared her love for Tomato and Mayo sandwiches which happens to be all I eat in the summer

7 Comments on VeganMoFo: Postcard Swap

1. Jojo
    September 30, 2014 at 2:36 PM (3 years ago)

That card is so cute! I love tofu too!

2. Kelly G.
    September 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM (3 years ago)

Adorable tofu is adorable!

3. Jen
    September 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM (3 years ago)

Hi, I’m Jen from http://www.happyvegans.blogspot.com (Happy Vegans in the Florida Keys), I’ve nominated you for a
    Liebster Award. Here’s the Rules on the Liebster nominations:

Once nominated, you receive a list of 10 questions from she/he who has placed the nomination, which the nominee must answer. Then, the nominee must nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them, and put a link to their blog in your post (no tag backs). Nominees must have under 200 followers. You must tell the blogs that you nominate them.

You’ll find your 10 questions on my blog post today. I hope you will accept this nomination and participate. Thank you for your hard work on your blog! Jen

4. Cadry
    September 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM (3 years ago)

Your card is so cute! That is one happy block of tofu! I’m so glad that you took part in the swap and had fun with it.

5. Lisa Turner
    October 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM (3 years ago)

I would be happy to send you a postcard – how do we do this?

6. Rachel
    October 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM (3 years ago)

How charming! What a lovely card to get in the mail! I love the story of you rediscovering outlets for your creativity!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on VeganMoFo: Postcard Swap

1. […] If there’s one thing I love more than tofu, it’s anthropomorphic tofu! Jenna made this adorable card for Becky and wrote about it on Good-Good-Things. […]