VeganMoFo: Sandwiches, Tomatoes and Bacon

Seitan Bacon BLT www.good-good-things.com

Seitan Bacon and Arugula BLT

I have 2 favorite summer sandwiches. A BLT and a Tomato and Mayo Sandwich. Especially when they are made with Heirloom Tomatoes that I grow in my own garden. Unfortunately this year all 4 of our tomato plants failed miserably. In fact our whole garden failed miserably thanks to The Marx Brothers.

Its’s also taken us all summer to get to our local Farmers Market held each Saturday. When we finally did go I picked up the most beautiful tomatoes. They were so delicious. You can taste the sunshine that helped grown them. So perfect. After buying these tomatoes I promptly made my us some BLT’s subbing Seitan Bacon for the “B” and Arugula for the “L’. We usually enjoy my own Coconut Bacon on our BLT’s but this time the Seitan Bacon is from the Upton’s Naturals brand and the mayo I use is by Just Mayo. My love for Just Mayo might just be a whole other post.

Tomato & Just Mayo on toast www.good-good-things.com

Tomato and Just Mayo on Toast

I like my bread slightly toasted, I like my mayo to be on the bit of way too much mayo and my tomatoes need to be perfect. Plus lots of salt and fresh cracked pepper. I can easily eat 2-3 of these at a time, but I don’t, usually. We lucked out with some great store bought cherry tomatoes that I sliced in half for some Tomato and Mayo Sandwiches. Its one of the first times I’ve had store bought tomatoes be good enough for these sandwiches.

We are hopeful that next year our garden will work out so we can eat these with tomatoes straight from out backyard.

13 Comments on VeganMoFo: Sandwiches, Tomatoes and Bacon

1. East Meets West Veg
    September 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM (3 years ago)

There’s nothing worse than the disappointment of not being able to enjoy the tomatoes from your own plants when you spend so much time and effort on them. :-( At least you got some good ones from the Farmer’s Market.

2. Jojo
    September 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM (3 years ago)

Oh yum, I love sandwiches and these are two of my fave’ kinds. I’m a lotsa mayo grrl too and I love Upton’s seitan bacon.

• Leatrice
      December 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM (11 months ago)

Was totally stuck until I read this, now back up and ruignnn.

3. veganbabette
    September 5, 2014 at 9:27 PM (3 years ago)

Oh no, the Marx brothers!

My tomatoes are not so great either, but it’s mostly my fault.

I’ve never had seitan bacon, but it must be pretty darn good. I also love my sandwiches with way too much mayo, but I usually can resist because of the fat =/ It’s so good though, I could eat mayo all day long. Seriously.

4. Rachel
    September 12, 2014 at 12:14 AM (3 years ago)

Our tomatoes did so well this year and your post inspired me to have a Just Mayo and tomato sandwich as well! I would love to share some with you – nothing beats a homegrown Jersey tomato!

• Tuesday
      April 26, 2016 at 4:47 AM (2 years ago)

je ne pensais pas trouver une tarte au chocolat ici un jour ! Mais c'est en si bonne compagnie …Je te ferai goûter du Maury ma Gracianne. il sera ceiternemant moins capiteux mais ça se laisse boire ;)

• car insurance
      May 20, 2016 at 10:05 AM (1 year ago)

Dear Lana,I believe that God’s Plan will work!!! I will be praying that God will show me where I can help in this plan. God Bless you for your faithfulness and for obeying the whispers of the Holy Spirit!!!

• cheap car insurance
      July 19, 2016 at 5:55 AM (1 year ago)

#26 jb:I’m pretty particular about my chocolate, some would say “chocolate snob”. I can’t eat “white” chocolate and milk chocolate doesn’t really do it for me either. To label vegetable oil products with no trace of cocoa as “chocolate” because of “changes in technology” is offensive.BTW, ever try Martine’s chocolates? If you haven’t you should. I keep their menu on my desk.

November 4, 2016 at 10:02 AM (1 year ago)

Well done article that. I’ll make sure to use it wisely.

February 26, 2017 at 11:52 AM (9 months ago)

that the Richardson family will be reading impact statements.Could they sentence him to 3 consecutive 25 year life sentences?I know what you mean about our justice system DangerMouse. That is why I was so apprehensive about the jury taking so long. Thankfully, it sounds like they came through this time.

• car nsurance
      March 7, 2017 at 6:00 AM (9 months ago)

Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is really annoying. A good website with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.